We represent clients in cases involving:

U.S. Immigration & Nationality

Family-Based Petitions and  Employment-Based Petitions 

Non-immigrant and Immigrant Visas 

Removal Defense at Immigration Court

Motions for Reconsideration and Appeals

VAWA Cases and Naturalization

California Divorce & Family

Divorce, Annulment and Legal Separation

Child Custody and Child Support

Spousal Support

Establishing Parentage

Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders


Immigration Services

We are here to guide you in


We represent clients in family based immigrant visa categories, including immediate relatives and family preference categories. 


We represent employers and beneficiaries seeking classification as Non-immigrant Worker (H-1B); Intra-corporate Transferee (L-1); Investor (E). We also handle Labor Certification (PERM) applications with the Department of Labor and Immigrant Worker petitions (I-140) with USCIS. We also represent individuals in applications for Academic and Vocational Student visa or status (F-1/M-1). 


We represent litigants in proceedings before the immigration courts (Executive Office for Immigration Review); appeals before the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and the Federal Courts.


We represent individuals in applications for U.S. naturalization and citizenship, ranging from regular application to more complex cases. 


Our Business Immigration Center


For more than a decade now, Atty. Ed Lindain has been successfully representing business enterprises and individuals who desire to hire or transfer foreign executives, managers, professionals, and other qualified workers in the United States.



We represent foreign nationals who seek to come here for trade or investment. Treaty Traders (E-1) or Treaty Investors (E-2) or those who are nationals of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation and who are coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, including services or technology, principally between the U.S. and the treaty country, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital, under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act.


Professionals, Skilled Workers, Students

Our Law Firm also assists in the following:

Persons in Specialty Occupations (H-1B) or those who receive an offer of employment from a U.S. employer for a position that requires the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge requiring completion of a specific course of higher education.

Intra-corporate Transferees (L-1 or L-2) or those who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.

Individuals with Extraordinary Abilities or Achievements (O-1) ​ or those individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extra ordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field.

Academic Students or those who would like to come to the U.S. to pursue an academic or vocational program (F-1 or M-1) in an institution recognized by the United States government.

Family Law Services

Divorce | Annulment | Legal Separation


A dissolution of marriage, which is more commonly known as divorce, terminates the marriage of the spouses and resolves issues between them, including child custody, visitation, child support, spousal support, asset and debt division, former name restoration, and even restraining orders.

A legal separation case is similar to a dissolution of marriage or dissolution of a domestic partnership in terms of the range of issues that are resolved in the case, except that the parties remain married or registered to each other.

A nullity case is more commonly known as an annulment of marriage or an annulment of the domestic partnership. This can only be requested based on one of the prescribed reasons listed by the law.

Child Custody & Support


Before parents can address the issues of custody and visitation of their minor child(ren), there must be an underlying action. If the parents are married, either the mother or the father must first file an action requesting a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, or nullity. If the parents are unmarried, either the mother or the father must file an action to establish the parental relationship. 

Before parents can address the issue of child support, there must be an underlying action. If the parents are married, either the mother or the father must first file an action requesting a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, or nullity. If the parents are unmarried, either the mother or the father must file an action to establish the parental relationship. There is no legal obligation to pay child support from one parent to the other until there is a court order 

Spousal Support


Once an underlying action for dissolution or legal separation of marriage or domestic partnership has been filed, the court can address the issue of spousal support in the underlying action. There is no legal obligation to pay spousal support by one party to the other until there is a court order. 

Establishing Parentage


This action is filed by an unmarried mother or by an unmarried father who have minor children together. Through this action, the court will determine paternity (or non-paternity if the father is found not to be the biological father of the minor children), and make custody and visitation as well as child support orders. 

Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders


 A restraining order is a court order issued to prevent the recurrence of acts of abuse by a batterer. Under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act, abuse is defined as any of the following:

  1. Intentionally or recklessly causing or attempting to cause bodily injury.
  2. Sexual assault.
  3. Placing a person in reasonable apprehension of imminent serious bodily injury to that person or to another.
  4. Engaging in any behavior that has been or could be illegal such as molesting, attacking, striking, stalking, threatening, battering, harassing, destroying personal property, contacting the other by mail, telephone, or otherwise, disturbing the peace of the other party.



Adoption is the legal process of establishing a legal parent-child relationship when the adopting parent is not the child's biological or birth parent. 

Other Services:

Guardianship and Conservatorship


Guardianship is when a court orders someone other than the child’s parent to: have custody of the child; or manage the child's property (called "estate"); or


Conservatorship is court case where a judge appoints a responsible person (a conservator) to care for another adult (the conservatee) who cannot care for himself or herself or manage his or her own finances.  

Change of Name


In California, you generally have the legal right to change your name simply by using a new name in all aspects of your life, also known as the "usage method." but, with few exceptions, government agencies require a court order as official proof of a name change so getting a court order is the best way to make sure you legally change your name.